Many Gods West is looking for discussions, panels, or lecture-style presentations in the following areas:
- Particular deities, pantheons, or indigenous and other cultural practices related to polytheisms.
- The history of polytheism in relation to specific topics.
- Ethical or theological issues within polytheism. For example: sexual ethics, metaphysics, philosophy, mysticism, environmentalism, animal sacrifice, cultural appropriation, syncretism, economic and governmental issues and polytheist religions, mental and physical health and polytheism, etc.
- Different varieties of divine beings apart from deities (e.g. land spirits, ancestors, heroes, daimones and angeloi, elementals, deified abstracts, egregores, etc.).
- New deities, new traditions, new practices which fall within a polytheistic outlook.
- Polytheistic elements in other religious traditions and cultures (e.g. Shinto, Hinduism, etc.).
Also, practical workshops and presentations on specific areas of polytheist practice, including:
- Daily practice,
- Prayer and meditation,
- Writing and research,
- Magical and/or divination techniques,
- Festival and ritual planning and organization.
- Making or consecrating ritual items that may be of use to polytheists.
- Devotional rituals in particular traditions or for particular deities.
- General or group divinatory sessions (note: individual divinatory sessions with experienced diviners should be scheduled with them during the conference itself).
- Short dramatic, dance, or musical performances that are devotional and polytheistic in nature and content.
- Any other presentation, activity, or session that would fall within the broad categories of polytheism, animism, and indigenous spiritual practices.
As well as,
- Hospitality suites
- Individual Shrines and Temple spaces
We would love to see more of these types of spaces at the conference! Please submit your idea as a proposal.